Beginning with an angled transducer, the 700 angles sound to mimic the positioning of a set of reference monitors. This, in tandem with the DuoFol diaphragm, provides a wide sound stage with ultra-fast response and rest times: close your eyes and you are in the front row. A great headphone transducer is only half of the equation. Sennheiser's acoustic team used the HD 700 project as motivation to obtain a cleaner, purer sound in unconventional ways and thus the patent-pending ventilated magnet system was born. By venting the magnet laying behind the diaphragm, airflow was properly managed and overall turbulence was minimized. This advancement did not add to the sound- but subtracted an artifact from it. The results? Purity.
• Angled transducer mimics the positioning of a set of reference monitors
• DuoFol diaphragm provides a wide sound stage with ultra-fast response and rest times
• Patent-pending ventilated magnet system to manage airflow for ultra-low THD
• Specialty steel mesh molded to the natural shape of the acoustic chamber
• Vibration damping frame eliminates unwanted resonances from entering the acoustic chamber
• Ships in a luxurious storage box to protect the headphones